Ronde CC kit survey – top takeaways
Here are the highlights of our recent survey on club kit – thanks to everyone who responded. 112 club members completed the survey, this was a really good response rate and gave us a good insight into your experiences.
What did people say in the survey?
16 respondents hadn’t ordered kit before. Amongst these, 6/10 said this was because they were a new member, and haven’t yet had the chance to order kit.
Most people wanted to order kit because they wanted to ride in club kit and liked the design
- Most people (6/10) who ordered kit said they had the right amount of info about sizing
- Most people (5/10) felt there was more than enough range of kit
- Almost everyone (8/10) found the online ordering process straightforward
- There was no clear response on ‘time between ordering and collection’ – but we’re aiming to improve this with two standard ordering windows per year, communicated well in advance.
- Most people (6/10) felt they had good advance notice of orders
- A large majority of respondents (7/10) said they had clear communication about their order
- A large majority of respondents (7/10) said that kit collection was straightforward.
- The top 3 priorities for thinking about buying club kit in future were:
- Range of kit available
- Being able to try items for size before buying
- 40 people said they were willing to help with future kit ordering, with 28 people willing to help with sorting and distribution – thanks for the offer, we’ll be in touch!
- We had a good number of positive ‘other comments’, in particular about the volunteer effort involved, the quality of the kit and the good design.
- A few people reported issues with knowing what size to order.
Based on this survey, we will:
Recruit more volunteers. Placing a wholesale order for kit for a club with 250 members is a very big job!
Plan around two ordering dates each year: end of August for winter kit delivery in early November, and end of January for summer kit delivery in early April.
- Communicate ordering dates even further in advance. The last kit order window was two weeks.
- Organise another ‘sizing night’ where members can try on a range of sizes. We’ll also have some sizing kit items in the shop for members to try at other times.
A top sizing tip that works any time you’re on a club run: find a member who’s a similar size to you, and ask what size club kit they’re wearing – they might even let you try it on!
- The shop have kindly offered to store items for collection, so if you can’t make the initial collection slot for your kit you should be able to collect it any time the shop is open.
So what's happening next?
We'll be promoting, receiving and compiling a kit order through August for delivery in November. There'll be ample opportunity for folk to try on Sportful kit if you need more info on sizing.