Ronde CC Club Kit
How our club kit system works
- For any kit-related queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (we can keep track of email queries, but we can’t read every Facebook comment).
- Stock levels are limited – if there isn’t something in your size, you’ll need to wait until the next kit order. We’ll publicise this well in advance but they are usually in spring and autumn.
- All kit items are custom made so we can’t offer refunds or exchanges. Read on for sizing information or why not try asking a club-mate similar in size to you what they are wearing.
- Like everything else with the club, kit is organised by volunteers. One such friendly soul will be picking and packing your order kit and dropping it off at Ronde Bicycle Outfitters. This will usually take a day or two from when you place your order, but don't worry as you’ll get an email to confirm it is ready for collection. If you try to collect before, you will be disappointed as no club stock is stored in the shop.
- Ronde Bicycle Outfitters don’t make any margin on kit – it’s all priced at cost from the manufacturer – so you might want to give them some custom when you’re in picking up your kit.
Sportful Custom kit: guide to the Range
What Sportful says
The BodyFit Custom collection is the highest performance custom kit available. Developed with the athletes of Tinkoff Saxo it is designed to win the most important races on the Pro Tour calendar and has succeeded. Using lightweight, breathable and aerodynamic fabrics combined with a finely tailored cut this is the best fitting kit you will ever ride in.
What we say
The Bodyfit Pro range – as the name alludes – has been designed to fit the bodies of pros. As such these items are tight fitting for their size. If this is your first dabble into Italian cycle wear, tread carefully as you may need to take a different size to normal.
As a very rough guide, we would estimate that depending on how tight you are needing, 1 size up may not be enough. For example: Freddie takes an XL in Endura/Altura, XXL in Rapha/Sportful Custom Team and a 3XL in Sportful Bodyfit Pro. (They offer up to 5XL in some items for a reason – all these sizes are for fit, capable people!).
Legwear is slightly different as a skin tight fit is required rather than optional – Freddie currently has an XL pair of Bodyfit Pro bibshorts, but XXL would probably be a better fit.
If you're not sure why not ask other club members for more anecdotal sizing advice, either in person or on the Facebook group.
What Sportful says
Our Custom Team range allows you to fully personalise a great range of clothing & accessories from summer jerseys to winter bibtights and everything in between. The collection features many of the same fabrics used for pro team Tinkoff Saxo and is available in Women’s fit too.
What we say
We offer a Custom Team option as this jersey is a slightly more relaxed fit – although still quite 'Italian' and is probably more suited to what the majority of riders in the club require for the majority of club rides.
This is still a technical garment with all the features that you would expect of pro level kit, but the cut is slightly more forgiving and less biased towards aerodynamics.
See size guide on Sportful's website.